Back Office Support
Case Study | Flag carrier airline of the UAE
When the client had launched their frequent flyer program (FFP), they were looking for a trusted vendor to service their newly-launched loyalty program. The client wanted to promote a customer service culture, which is ‘self-driven’ by the customer. Our client wanted to encourage their guests to use the airline’s website for information and promotions.
arvato India was selected as a partner to manage the client’s FFP program on the basis of our proven expertise in service delivery and back-end activity management capabilities in the aviation sector. We today manage the loyalty program’s co-mail requests for enrolment, changes to the existing guest profiles, credit of miles as well as archival of all co-mails. arvato India runs the main data center for the client’s FFP, implementing client-mandated service standards. The central point for receiving and distributing all incoming communications from the guests is in Abu Dhabi, while all the co-mails are sorted and sent to India Data Center.
The team at arvato India is responsible for the following services for the frequent flyer program:
- Enrolments: Request for enrolments are carried out on the client’s live system ‘Epiphany’
- Member Maintenance: Any request by the guest for changes in his or her profile. A guest’s personal data can be changed or corrected on his or her request for fields like name, address, phone no., etc.
- Retro Claims: Requests for credit of miles in the guest’s respective accounts
- Archiving & Retrievals: As part of contract, all the e-mails are archived in the mailroom for three years. Every batch is given a unique location in the mailroom. This helps in tracking the batch in case of any retrieval request by the client’s service center in Abu Dhabi.
- Co-mail handling unit, which is responsible for collecting co-mail bags from the client’s Air Port office in New Delhi, giving them unique batch numbers, entering the batch numbers in the database, handing over the batches to agents on a FIFO basis
- Go live: September 2006
- Team size: 7 FTEs
- Support hrs: European Business Hours
- Support language: E-mails are handled in English and Arabic
- Total Number requests processed in 2012
- Enrolment: 815
- Retro: 185,239
A time and motion study was implemented to calculate capacity and targets so that the service levels are maintained. This has helped us complete all the transactions till date within the SLA. We have been consistently achieving 100% accuracy in data capture.